Let's get started!
Step 1: Determine your phone's SMS address
Your phone's SMS "address" is your 10-digit number followed by your carrier's SMS gateway. Below you will find a list of carrier SMS gateways.
- AT&T: [your mobile number]@txt.att.net
- MetroPCS: [your mobile number]@mymetropcs.com
- Nextel: [your mobile number]@messaging.nextel.com
- Sprint: [your mobile number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com OR [your number]@pm.sprint.com
- T-Mobile: [your mobile number]@tmomail.net
- Verizon: [your mobile number]@vtext.com
- Virgin Mobile: [your mobile number]@vmobl.com
- U.S. Cellular: [your mobile number]@email.uscc.net
Step 2: Forward Agentology qualified and/or unqualified emails to your mobile phone
For Gmail Users:
1. In Gmail, click on the gear icon on the top right and then click Settings.
2. Go to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and select “Add a Forwarding Address”.
3. Enter your phone's SMS-gateway address, such as "firstname.lastname@example.org".
4. Click Next, and then choose Proceed.
5. A confirmation number will be sent to your phone via a text message. Enter the code in the "confirmation code" box in Gmail's Forwarding settings and click Verify. The address will then appear in the drop-down list next to "Forward a copy of incoming mail to."
6. Click on “Filters and Blocked Addresses"
7. Scroll to the bottom and click on “Create a new filter”
8. TO RECEIVE TEXTS FOR QUALIFIED LEAD EMAILS: Following the screenshot below, type “email@example.com” into the "From:" field, and "New Qualified Lead" in the "Subject" field.
9. Select “Create filter with this search” at the bottom of the filter.
10. TO RECEIVE TEXTS FOR UNQUALIFIED LEAD EMAILS: Following the screenshot below, type “firstname.lastname@example.org” into the "From:" field, and "We've Unqualified a lead" in the "Subject" field.
11. Select “Create filter with this search” at the bottom of the filter.
12. Check the 'Forward it to' box in the screenshot below, add your forwarding address from the dropdown and then click on “Create filter” button.
Once you have completed these steps, you're good to go!
For Outlook Users:
1. In Outlook, click on the gear icon on the top right and then click "More mail settings".
2. Under the Customizing Outlook, click on Rules for sorting new messages.
3. Next, select "New". By default, "Sender's address" and "is" are selected in the top drop-down menus. Add the address "email@example.com" to the third text box under Step 1 of the rules wizard.
4. Under "Step 2: What action do you want to apply?", choose "Forward to," enter your phone's SMS gateway address in the text box to the right, and click Save to add the rule.
For OS X Mail:
1. Click Mail > Preferences > Rules > Add Rule
2. Give the rule a name, and then choose "From" in first drop-down, "Contains" in the second drop-down, and "firstname.lastname@example.org" as the email address in the text box on the right.
3. Select "Forward message" in the "Perform the following actions" drop-down.
4. Enter your SMS address in the "to" text box and click "OK."
5. Finally, choose either Apply or Don't Apply.
We are here for you!
If at any point you need assistance, our Client Success Team is happy to help! You can reach us easily by clicking on the live chat icon at the bottom right of your screen, or email us directly at email@example.com.